Thank you for your contributions
Feedback on the concept plan for the new multi-sports court is presented in the report below.
This project involves the revitalisation and expansion of public open space at Carlson Reserve in Clayton to enhance family social recreation opportunities. This will be a staged project.
Project benefits to the Clayton community
The project will deliver the following benefits for the Clayton community:
- Additional open space for passive recreation
- New playspace with recreation infrastructure
- New fitness equipment
- General reserve improvements to visual amenity, accessibility, connectivity and safety
- New recreational and social infrastructure, spaces, surfaces and pathways throughout the reserve to support recreational users especially families e.g. informal recreation, shade/shelters, picnic area and water feature etc.
- Retaining and uplifting the existing shade sail
- New and improved free public multi-sport hard courts with LED sports lighting for community use which can be used for tennis, futsal, basketball, and more.
STAGE 1: PLAYGROUND
Stage one is the construction of a Neighbourhood Standard playground in 2021-22 at Carlson Reserve, Clayton. This upgrade project is essential and is currently taking place.
Estimated cost: $450,000.
STAGE 2: FORECOURT
Stage two is revitalising the land freed up by the demolition of the old scout hall as a landscaped forecourt area which will provide additional family social recreation opportunities. Monash Council has been successful in securing $300,000 funding from the Victorian Government’s Parks Revitalisation Grants Program for Carlson Reserve Park Revitalisation.
Estimated cost: $300,000.
STAGE 3: MULTI SPORT COURTS
Stage three is to upgrade the existing two public tennis courts to multi-purpose courts and associated sports lighting which is approaching the end of its useful life. Community consultation on the draft concept plan is currently taking place until Friday 17 December 2021.
Estimated cost: $780,000.