We are consulting the our local community to develop a masterplan for Mount Waverley Reserve. The development of the masterplan is funded by Sport and Recreation Victoria.
The reserve is situated on Monash Council land on the corner of St Albans and Charles Streets and features a public asphalt tennis court and tennis hit-up wall, basketball half court, sportsground, cricket nets, a playground and an off-lead dog area. In addition, the reserve hosts the
- Waverley Community Learning Centre
- Mount Waverley Tennis Club
- Mount Waverley Cricket Club
- Waverley Blues Football Club.
The project will entail extensive consultation with a wide range of stakeholders, local residents and the broader community, together with the development of a reserve masterplan that will support active recreation and the development and delivery of local sport.
When completed, the masterplan will:
- Provide a clear vision and strategic approach for the future provision of sport and recreation facilities in the reserve based on community needs
- Consider opportunities and issues at the reserve and determine the suitability, scale and scope of any potential developments
- Provide a conceptual plan and layout for key development priorities with indicative stages and cost estimates to assist Council attract external funding for future improvements
How to get involved
1. Complete the survey below. Tell us what you think would improve the reserve over the next ten years to enhance its appeal, use and functionality. Your feedback will be used to help shape the future use, management and development of the reserve.
2. Provide comment on the draft Masterplan when it is released for public comment.
Take the survey
Survey closed 1 March 2021
Privacy collection statement
Monash City Council is committed to protecting personal information provided by you in accordance with the principles of the Victorian Privacy & Data Protection Act 2014.
The information you provide will be used to assist Council staff to determine the community needs and priorities to inform Council's planning. This community input forms part of the process of Council preparing the Mount Waverley Reserve Masterplan