Draft Structure Plan
Council sought community feedback on a draft Structure Plan for the Mount Waverley Activity Centre. The plan sets out a long term vision for the future growth and improvement of the centre.
The purpose of the structure plan is to preserve and enhance the local amenity, the village feel of the centre and garden city character (all of which are highly valued by the community) - but to also allow the centre to grow and prosper.
A number of improvements to the activity centre are proposed in the draft Structure Plan including:
- A central pedestrian spine - A north-south pedestrian link connecting retail, car parking, public plazas and community facilities to the train station
- New public plazas - A proposed streetscape and public realm upgrade near the train station and an expansion of the plaza near Winbourne Road.
- Community centre precinct - Future improvements to the spaces and connections between the library and community centre buildings.
- Central car park improvements - Simplification of this highly utilised car park to improve its efficiency, and to make it safer and easier for pedestrians.
- Stephensons Road improvements - Opportunities to enhance the ‘front door’ of the activity centre.
Consultation held in February/March 2020
The consultation on the draft Structure Plan was held between 17 February and 20 March 2020. We have prepared a short summary of what we heard during the consultation.
The submissions and the formal adoption of the Structure Plan was considered at the Council meeting on 25 August 2020. View the agenda, and read the report and attachments (Item 1.1)
The Council Report and attachments are also available in the Document Library on this page.
Update - August 2020
The matter has been deferred to a future Council meeting for consideration. Refer to Page 1 of the Decisions for the meeting on 25 August 2020 [PDF, 399KB]