Pathways to Equality Artists Expression of Interest
Monash Council is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) from artists to design and implement a mural at a railway overpass on Winbirra Parade, Ashwood as part of the Pathways to Equality project.
Goals of the project:
- Provide a mural over the existing walls at the railway bridge in Ashwood
- Provide a mural that engages the public about gender equality and addresses key themes of challenging gender stereotypes, respectful relationships, celebrating women and girls and gender equality
- Create an interesting, eye-catching feature mural that engages with the public and will be widely promoted through social media
- To increase community ownership of public space and improve the perception of community safety and to reduce tagging and bill posting.
Artist Fee: Up to $42,000
Site: Winbirra Parade, Ashwood
Please refer to the Pathways to Equality Artist’s Brief and the Community Engagement Report in the Document Library for further project context and the objectives and requirements of the proposed artwork.
Dates: Expressions of Interest open Wednesday 1 June 2022, close 5pm on Friday 10 June 2022.
artists are encouraged to provide Council with the following as part of your
Expression of Interest:
Submission to EOI include:
- Written response to project brief (max of 500 words)
- Design ideas for proposed artwork (we do not expect fully realised designs)
- Previous artwork that demonstrate your experience and style of work
- Description of your involvement in at least one similar project
- Current copy of current public liability insurance certification
- Your curriculum vitae.
We do not expect fully realised designs at this stage, but would like to get an idea of what you plan to do, why you pan to do it and your experience in similar projects.
No fee is offered for the Expressions of Interest phase. Artists will retain copyright in submitted designs throughout the selection process.
Please download and read the Pathways to Equality Artist Brief and Community Engagement Report before completing your submission.
Submission of EOI and queries to email@example.com or phone 0418 296 366.
Thank you for your contributions
Council is engaging an artist to do a mural on the railway overpass on Winbirra Parade in Ashwood and stickers on the footpath leading to Power Neighbourhood House.
The theme of the mural and stickers is challenging gender stereotypes, what respectful relationships look like, celebrating women and girls and gender equality.
This page provided the opportunity for the community to provide input into what will shape the design of mural and stickers. The community will then vote on the final design theme.
Consultation closed 3 May 2021. Please refer to the Document Library for the engagement report.