Help us plan for the future of Monash and join the Council’s online community panel.
The panel is a large group of people who have signed up to provide their views to Council.
Representing the diversity of our community, the panel is made up of residents, workers, volunteers, visitors, business owners, rate payers and students.
By joining the Monash Community Panel you can be invited to give in-depth feedback. The information you provide will give us a better understanding of how issues affect different people in the Monash community.
It’s up to you how much you participate and all participation is voluntary.
At times we will need to draw a random group from the panel to provide a representative sample of the community, based on your demographics. When you join, you will be asked some demographic questions about your age, gender and language spoken at home.
Knowing a little about people on the panel helps us ensure we are talking to the diverse communities who make up the City of Monash.
We don’t need your home address or phone number, but we will need an email address so we can keep in touch with you.
Who can join
You are eligible to become a member of the Community Panel if you are 16 years of age or older, and are a:
- resident - anyone who lives in the City of Monash
- business owner - anyone who owns or operates a business or social enterprise within the City of Monash
- worker - anyone who undertakes paid work within the City of Monash
- volunteer - anyone who undertakes voluntary work within the City of Monash
- visitor - anyone who lives outside the City of Monash and has visited in the last 12 months for any reason (e.g. to attend university, to shop, dine, stay, attend sporting or cultural events)
Please note, you are not eligible to be a member of the Community Panel if you are:
- employed by Monash Council
- an elected member of Monash Council
- under 16 years of age
Register for the Online Community Panel
Step 1: Sign in or register with Shape Monash
If you are not already logged in to Shape Monash, you will see a 'Join the conversation today' button below. Create an account with Shape Monash or sign in to register for the panel. You cannot register for the panel unless you signed in.
Step 2: Register for the Panel
Please sign to complete the form below to register for the Community Panel.
If you prefer to talk to us in person, please contact the City of Monash officer listed.
If you are deaf or have a hearing impairment you can contact us through the National Relay Service: 1800 555 660.
If you need an interpreter you can contact us through the Interpreter Service on (03) 9321 5488.