Monash Council is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality. We are engaging with members of our LGBTIQA+ community, along with friends and supporters, to create an inclusion Action Plan.
We want to create a plan that is aspirational, evidence-based, timely, inclusive and representative of the majority of the Monash LGBTIQA+ population. To achieve this, we want to:
- Hear from a range of diverse stakeholders/views
- Develop the action plan based on the community consultation findings through a range of avenues to inform the objective and actions.
- Improve on the draft action plan through input from community, advisory committees, and service providers.
Help us understand your priorities by taking part in the project.
This survey is for any LGBTIQA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans or gender diverse, intersex, queer, asexual or other) person as well as their friends, families and allies who live, work, study or play in Monash.
The purpose of this survey is to help Council to better understand and respond to the experiences and priorities of the LGBTIQA+ community in Monash.
We will use your responses from this survey and other consultation to:
- Develop our first LGBTIQA+ action plan for the City of Monash
- Further improve inclusion, access and equity initiatives at Monash
- Recognise, represent, connect and support LGBTIQA+ people who work, live and play in the City of Monash
We estimate that the survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. The survey will ask you about your views of the experiences of LGBTIQA+ people in Monash, your personal experiences and needs and your thoughts on the Council's role in improving the lives of our LGBTIQA+ community. You do not need to identify as LGBTIQA+ to participate in this survey- by filling out the demographic section we are able to filter the questions by those who identify and those who don’t.
Confidentiality & identifying information
Your responses are completely anonymous and you are welcome to skip questions you are not comfortable with. The information you provide will be reported in aggregate form or de-identified so that any data cannot be linked to any individual. If you are under 16 years of age, please check with a parent or carer that it is okay for you to participate.
Privacy collection statement
Monash City Council is committed to protecting personal information provided by you in accordance with the principles of the Victorian Privacy & Data Protection Act 2014.
The information you provide will be used to assist Council staff to determine the community needs and priorities to inform Council's LGBTIQA+ Action Plan.